Saturday, July 6, 2013

Whither Thou Goest, I Will Go


I love Ruth! I think she is an incredible woman and her story always makes me feel good. As I studied Ruth chapters 1 and 2 I was able to make connections with my own life. During the story of Ruth, she went through many trails. There was a famine in the land and she lost her husband. Unlike Orpah, Ruth stayed with her mother-in-law, Naomi, and left her family behind. She loved her husband and Naomi so much that she was willing to sacrifice all that she knew to follow Naomi where ever she went. 

This reminds me of leaving for college. It was really hard for me to leave my family and try to live on my own and take care of myself. Luckily, my sister was also attending school here so I had someone to lean on while I got settled. I couldn't imagine not being able to talk to my family on a regular basis. 
Ruth and Naomi traveled to Bethlehem and there Ruth met Boaz, a wealthy kinsman. Boaz was impressed by Ruth for leaving all that she knew to stay with and serve Naomi. 

Ruth was brave and kind through the challenges she faced. She turned to the Lord and thanked Him for helping her through troubling times. This is something that I can certainly apply to my life. I think a sacrifice that I've made in my life is paying my tithing. I see blessing all the time financially when I keep up with paying it. I remember when I was about to get married we wanted to go to Ohio to visit my family but we didn't have enough money to do that and pay tithing. So, we paid our tithing and a week later my mom found two scholarship bonds from my graduation. It was a wonderful blessing to be able to visit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment