Tuesday, February 17, 2015

The Second Coming


As I think about the Second Coming of Jesus Christ I'm both nervous and excited. I hope that I will be one that is about to survive the everlasting burnings and that I've been able to apply the atoning blood of Christ to my life. I'm never going to be perfect but I hope that I live in such a way that I'm able to please the Lord. In my mind the Lord will come to earth and cleanse it of those who have hardened their hearts. It's hard to imagine. But, Isaiah 33: 14-16 gives us hope. These verses teach us what it takes to survive the everlasting burnings. We need to be disciples of Christ, becoming more like him. We need to "walk righteously and speak uprightly." If we are following the commandments of the Lord we will be able to survive the Second Coming and enjoy exaltation after the resurrection. In these verses Isaiah tells us the steps to take. He says, “Walketh righteously,” which means we need to be following the commandments of the Lord. To “Speaketh uprightly" we should speak the truth and be honest in our dealings. Isaiah tells us “Despiseth the gain of oppressions." We need to be a just people toward our fellow man. We also must “Shaketh his hands from holding of bribes” which means to deal fairly with those around us. We should fall prey to those who want to persuade us to do otherwise. As a righteous people we need to shut out the evil in the wolrd around us and not dwell on it. In Isaiah's words, “Stoppeth his ears from hearing of blood.” Finally, he tells us to “Shutteth his eyes from seeing evil.” This goes along with the previous line. Our job is to be optimistic and not focus on the negatives of the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment